Become an Authorized Tai Chi Instructor
Course in Tai Chi Chuan
Next Class Starts September 27, 2022
Taught by Mr Tai Chi and his Senior students
- Course Goals
- Who can enroll in this course?
- Class Schedule
- What will you learn in this course?
- How do I enroll?
- Reading List
- How much does it cost?
Experience an immersion in Mindfulness for the whole person
What does healing mean to you? The definition of healing is an individual and personal concept. Healing can mean different things to each of us, such as: lack of pain and discomfort, peace, balance, integrity, or wholeness.
Whatever healing means to you, it is a journey. It can be strange and frightening at times, and wonderful and beautiful at other times. The healing journey can include pain and suffering, but this does not mean that something is wrong. The reality is — your spirit is already whole, but your spirit is experiencing dis-ease. You have the opportunity to heal. Healing is always possible.
As spiritual beings experiencing life, we can put dis-ease into perspective. In the mindset of a spiritual person, even an all consuming dis-ease is not all consuming. How we think is a strong component of how dis-ease is induced in us. As we put dis-ease into perspective, we also put healing into perspective. How we perceive healing and dis-ease is how we perceive life. Dis-eases are occurrences, incidences in life. Pay close enough attention to the dis-ease, to the discomfort, and healing can occur.
Healing is always possible.
Healing can occur.
Experience the 9 qualities needed to heal
There are 9 components in The Healing Response to be addressed. They are as follows:
- confidence: having a firm belief in one’s own powers; being whole unto oneself
- hope: having a desire with possibility of fulfillment; hope gives the spirit direction
- enthusiasm: to be inspired; filled with the breath/life/spirit of your intentions
- expectancy: a component of hope; give yourself something to look forward to; paint the pictures of healing
- meaning: the intention of our actions; once you have the intent of the “engagement”, everything you need will come to you
The first five stages are the spark for The Healing Response. Once the first five stages are established, stay with it no matter what — which brings us to step 6.
6. adherence: an exercise of confidence and belief; stick to it, stay with it — no matter what
What is “it”? “It” is your healing, what you carry in your heart. What is in your heart must be honored and respected.
7. conditioning: the rituals and patterns in life; our conditioning leads us to health or to dis-ease
8. method: the procedures, techniques of accomplishing a goal, of following a healing path
9. mystery: your inner journey of healing
Learn to Heal through Tai Chi is designed to take you through these 9 stages of a personal journey of healing, whether it is your journey of someone you are assisting.
Who can enroll in this course?
This course is open to the general public and health care practitioners. Anyone who is looking to begin or continue on a path of healing, as well as anyone who works with people in any capacity, will greatly benefit both personally and professionally from the teachings in this course.
What is the class schedule?
This course occurs in 3 levels. Each level will include focus on a Tai Chi form, a qigong system, a meditation and readings.
Level I includes: 108 long form Yang style Tai Chi, Ba Duan Jin qigong and meditaton. Schedule is Tuesday and Thursday 6 – 8p for 6 months.
Level 2 includes: 108 long form Yang style Tai Chi, I Chuan qigong, and meditation. Schedule is Tuesday and Thursday 6 – 8p for 6 months.
Level 3 includes: 48 movement form, Hun Yuan qigong, and meditation. Schedule is Tuesday and Thursday 6 – 8p for 12 months.
Completion of the program results in an authorization to teach Tai Chi.
What will you learn in this course?
You will learn in the traditional healing arts of Taiji Quan. Participants will learn the following forms of Taiji Quan for self-use and also when and how to use them therapeutically with clients:
- 108-movement Yang style Tai Chi
- 48- movement Tai Chi
- spiritual weight lifting
- 3 centered meditation
- 3 qigong systems
How do I enroll?
Beginning your healing journey is as easy as picking up a phone and dialing (907) 279-0135. Let the receptionist know you are interested in Learn to Heal through Tai Chi course, and they will direct your call accordingly.
The following book list will enhance your experience with the Learn to Heal through Tai Chi program:
- Seven Brief Lessons on Physics, Carlo Rovelli
- Tao of Tai Chi Chuan, Tsung Hwa Jo
- The Harvard Medical School Guide to Tai Chi, Peter Wayne
- Taoist Body, Kristofer Schipper & Karen C Duval
- The Web that Has No Weaver, Ted Kaptchuk
- Tao Te Ching/Lao Tzu, Robert Henricks
- The Tao of Physics, Fritjof Capra
- Super Brain, Rudolph E Tanzi, PHD, Deepak Chopra
- Words that Heal, Douglas Block
- Why we make mistakes, Joseph T Hallinan
- Meaning, Medicine & the Placebo Response, Daniel E Moerman
- The Tooth From the Tiger’s Mouth, Tom Bisio
- The Complete Book of Tai Chi Chuan, Wong Kiew Kit
- Tai Chi Classics, Waysun Liao
- The Art of War, J. Trapp
- The Art of Peace, Morihei Ueshiba
- The Yoga Sutra of Patanjali
- Mindfulness, Tessa Watt
How much does it cost?
Please call for cost. 907-279-0135. Ask for Lee Ann.